The Bavarian Association of Statutory Health Insurance Dentists
The Bavarian Association of Statutory Health Insurance Dentists (Kassenzahnärztliche Vereinigung Bayerns (KZVB))
considers itself a modern service enterprise.
It feels itself obligated to Bavarian dentists, orthodontists, dental surgeons, their patients and practice teams.
The service concept has the centre of attention at KZVB. As a corporation under public law, the KZVB constitutes the self-management body of the Bavarian panel dentists. It is subject to the supervision by the Bavarian State Ministry of Public Health and Care Services, but decides on its matters in own responsibility.
We, the KZVB, are:
- 10.323 members – the Bavarian panel dentists, orthodontists and dental surgeons
- 27 delegates for the meeting of representatives
- the chairman of the board and his deputy
- two secretaries
- 19 honorary consultants, co-consultants and committee members
- eight chairmen of the KZVB regional bodies with eight deputies
- about 300 staff members at the “Zahnärztehaus” in Munich, the branch office for Northern Bavaria in Nuremberg and the eight regional offices who get involved for dentists and come up with good ideas for the KZVB again and again
What does the KZVB do?
We accept social responsibility: For more than ten million compulsorily health insured persons in Bavaria we ensure dental care in all regions. Moreover, in co-operation with the health insurance institutions we determine how many panel dentists may set themselves up in a certain region. This demand planning is updated in regular intervals.
Our regional offices organise the on-call dental emergency service in the Free State. We ensure the quality of dental care. The services rendered by dentists are checked against the professional and economical aspects in keeping with the framework conditions set by the legislator. The dentists as well as the patients profit from this procedure. In cases of dispute the KZVB is usually successful in mediating. We represent the interests of the Bavarian panel dentists, orthodontists, dental surgeons and their patients towards the general public, our supervisory bodies, the statutory health insurance institutions and other players in health care. We advise ministries, authorities and legislators in all questions of dental health policy.
In regular intervals we negotiate with the health insurance institutions about the range of services and payment for treatment by panel dental care providers in Bavaria.
In a quick and uncomplicated manner we settle accounts with the health insurance institutions for the services rendered by our members.
We provide consultation for our members in matters of the German law on panel dentist and German social legislation.
We are competent contacts for practices in all settlement matters. We provide answers to questions about dentist’s invoices as well as treatment and cost plans. Patients can ask our advisory centres. The consultation is free of charge. We provide service points for patients who want to have a second opinion; and this service is also a free service of KZVB.
We render information and communicate openly and in clear words to our members and their teams, patients, the media, political parties, supervisors, health insurance institutions and other health care providers.
Which targets does the KZVB have?
We speak up for:
- high-quality dental care in the whole of Bavaria which includes emergency services
- high confidence of the patients, staff members, the media, political parties and health insurance institutions in Bavarian dentists, orthodontists and dental surgeons
- good working conditions for our members and their employees in free practices
- an adequate payment for dental treatment without delay